Monday, July 26, 2010

Day 366: The Next Adventure

Fresh off my first marathon yesterday, I'm eager to set a new life goal that is even more daunting than my first marathon. I hereby publicly commit myself to running the Boston Marathon in April 2012.

This goal is slightly more complicated than the last one - in order to qualify for the Boston Marathon, I have to run a marathon in 3 hours and 10 minutes. For a bit of reference, I ran the race of my life yesterday at an 8:42 min/mile pace. For a Boston qualifying time, I need to run each and every mile at a 7:15 min/mile pace. Ahhh!

This feels extremely challenging and slightly crazy - which is exactly where I want to be. I felt the same before deciding to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro and the 1st marathon, so I just need to create a plan, and stick to it. The Boston race will be especially significant for me, as it happens to take place on the day of 32nd birthday (April 16, 2012) and it will be Day 1,000 from Day 1 (technically Day 995, but close enough :-).

Thank you again to everyone for the congratulatory calls, texts, emails, tweets, and "likes". You inspire me to push harder.

No comments: